The Law Library is an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility and is available to the general public. The passport agents in the Law Library are certified to distribute forms, accept completed paperwork, review required documentation, and forward applications to the U.S. regional passport agency.
Passport Office hours of operation are listed on the calendar below. No appointment is necessary for adult applicants aged 16 and over. However, you can make appointments ahead of time for passport services. We only offer services Monday through Friday. Available appointment times will depend on the availability of our agents. Walk-ins are taken as listed.
PLEASE NOTE: An appointment is required for children under 16 years old. Please call 716-645-2204.
The following items are required for this passport application:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship:
Note: Original documents must be submitted. They will be returned to the address on the application.
- Certified birth certificate (with seal)
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
- Current/expired passport
- Social security card
- 2 forms of Photo ID:
- Drivers License
- Non-driver ID card
- Nexus Card
- Global Entry Card
- Pistol permit
- Military ID
- or other ID with good photo likeness
DS-82: U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals (By Mail):
Please read the section "What Form Should I use?" to determine your eligibility.
Customers have the option to apply for a Passport Book, a Passport Card, or both. The Passport Card may ONLY be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. The Passport Card provides a less expensive, smaller, and more convenient alternative for those who travel to these destinations. More information about the Passport Card is available from the U.S. Department of State
The enhanced drivers license serves the same purpose as the Passport Card.
Check or money order only for State Department fees. No cash, no debit card, no credit card, no Campus Cash.
Processing and photo fees may be paid by check, money order, or credit/debit card.
Money orders may be purchased on campus at the CVS at The Commons. They only accept cash for money orders and require photo ID for purchase.
Passport Card ONLY
- Adults Age 16 & Over:
$30.00 payable to U.S. Dept. of State
Passport Book ONLY
- Adults Age 16 & Over:
$110.00 payable to U.S. Dept. of State
Passport Book AND Passport Card
- Adults Age 16 & over:
$140.00 payable to U.S. Dept. of State
*Payment of a $35.00 processing fee is required for first-time adult applicants using the DS-11 form. The processing fee is paid separately from the passport fee(s) to the "University Libraries". There is no processing fee for adult passport renewal applicants using the DS-82 form.
- Normal processing times are 4-6 weeks from time of receipt for routine service.
- At times this processing time is longer, you can call us to find out what the routine service processing time is at any given time.
- If you apply for your passport today and request Expedited Passport Processing, you can expect to receive your passport in 2 to 3 weeks.
- For more accelerated service or complex issues, contact the Buffalo Passport Agency at 1-877-487-2778.
- There is an additional fee of $60.00 for expedited service, that is added to the application fee sent to the Department of State.
- Passport photos may be obtained in O'Brian Hall Rm. 211 ($10 fee payable by credit/debit card, check, or money order).
- Cash cannot be accepted.
Additional Passport Information
If you are looking for additional passport information, please visit the Department of State.
Law Library Passport Hours of Operation