Law Library Mission Statement
The Law Library is an indispensable partner to the University at Buffalo School of Law whose primary mission is to support the School’s program of legal education and research pursuits. As the only research-level law library for New York legal materials in the region, we are an important community resource. Toward that end, we strive to provide outstanding service to the University community, our alumni, the practicing bar, and the public at large.
We nurture and sustain diverse perspectives and foster respect for all community members and ideas. We are dedicated to serving our community and diversity, equity, and inclusion are among its core principles.
The Law Library staff commits to this mission by espousing several key priorities. We provide and offer:
- Expert research assistance for all patrons with dignity and respect.
- Reference and instructional services for our students that prepare them for the practice of law and support their lifelong learning.
- Support for and promotion of faculty scholarship and services to assist our faculty’s teaching.
- A welcoming physical space and remote services that promote access, research, and learning.
- A broad collection and set of services through a balance of print and electronic materials.
- Innovative technology solutions to improve access to legal information.