Loan and Equipment Policy
Audiovisual materials and equipment circulate at the Koren AV Center's Service Desk. The following information defines policies relating to audiovisual services.
- Library Cards
- Loan Periods
- Fines and Overdues
- Lost Materials
- Copiers and Printers
- Audiovisual Rooms
- Equipment Reservations
A valid UB Card is required to borrow materials from the Koren AV Center. Alumni and non-UB borrowers who are not actively affiliated with the University may contact the Law Library's Circulation Department at 716-645-6765.
- Audio recordings - 7 days
- Video recordings - 3 days
- Equipment - See AV Librarian or Instructional Support Technician
- Microform - Does not circulate
- A select number of materials have been designated for in-house use only. These materials do not circulate.
- Programs needed for classroom lectures or special events may be reserved. Please contact the Koren AV Center staff for details.
- Must be made in person at the Koren AV Center Service Desk. When renewing in person, please bring in your audiovisual materials along with your UB Card.
- NOTE: Phone renewals are not accepted
Audiovisual Materials Return
A/V materials must be returned to the Koren AV Center Service Desk.
Copiers and Printers
The Koren AV Center has one microform reader-printer machine. Photocopiers are not available on the fifth floor, however, a printer is available. For locations of photocopiers at the Charles B. Sears Law Library, click here
The Koren AV Center has three viewing rooms and video equipment for trial practice simulation and preparation of oral arguments or group audiovisual presentations.
All library user records are confidential in accordance with the American Library Association guidelines and New York CPLR Sec. 4509.
Law School and Koren AV Center Equipment and Technology Reservations and Requests Procedures (Set-Ups)
Law school students or faculty may make equipment reservations for set-ups in O'Brian Hall classrooms and the Koren AV Center by contacting our staff at the Koren AV Center Service Desk.
When making a reservation for an equipment set-up, please indicate to our staff person the following information:
- the type of equipment or application that will be needed
- the room number
- the start and end times for the lecture or event
- and the name of the course or event
- be familiar with our Loan and Equipment Policy
Questions concerning the selection or operation of equipment should be directed to the AV Librarian or the Instructional Support Technician.
With respect to reserving media for use in a lecture or presentation, if the title is in the Koren AV Collection, please give that information to the staff person who will then put the material on AV Reserve for the date needed. If the title is not in our collection, please contact the AV Librarian or the Instructional Support Technician.