Student Assistant Policies
- You are responsible for your hours. If you cannot come in for your scheduled hours, please e-mail or call your supervisor, or leave a message on voicemail.
- Your timesheet is completed electronically and printed. It is your responsibility to have it filled out with your correct hours worked, and submit it at the end of the pay period. If your timesheet is not submitted on time, you will not be paid on time. Your supervisor will approve your timesheet after it is submitted and will correct any errors on it.
- Your hours will be checked. If you deviate from your schedule, you must let your supervisor know.
- You are on a 30-day probation period. There are several things that will not be tolerated, regardless of how long you have worked here: Absences without valid reason; constant tardiness; inability or unwillingness to follow instructions; abuse of Aleph, OCLC, e-mail, instant messaging, or the Internet.
- Cell phone use (calls, texting, gaming) is not allowed while working, except in an emergency.
- You will be required to carry out your assigned duties with or without supervision.
- You are entitled to a 15-minute break for every 3 hours you work.
- An evaluation will be made and kept on all student assistants.
- Unless a one week notice is given before you resign your employment, an unfavorable report may be put in your evaluation file.
- The copy machine is not to be used for personal use.
- You may have something to drink in your work area. However, it must be in a spill-proof container.
- If you have any questions about your timesheet or paychecks, please see your supervisor or the Administrative Assistant in Room 219.
Content last updated: dw 5/11