No change is made to the bibliographic record for special locations.
- In the HOL record, add |k Oversize after the collection code |c and before the |h call number.
- Format call number on label as:
- In the HOL record, add appropriate |k after the collection code |c and before the |h call number.
- See list of Subfield K options in Location Codes documentation
See Microfiche Monograph Cataloging for Koren Microform instructions.
See CD-ROM Handling for Koren CD-ROM instructions.
Special Collections: including Archives, Berman, Haas, O'Brian
Use LARCH as collection code |c in HOL record for all Special Collections. The specific collection name (i.e. Archives, Berman, Haas, O'Brian) within Special Collections is indicated in |k of the HOL record.
- In the HOL record, add |k [collection name] after the collection code |c and before the |h call number.
- Use pink flag and format label as:
- After piece is end processed, place on Head of Cataloging's mail shelf.
Materials being placed in the regular/permanent Reserve collection are treated in the same way as any other special location.
- Acquisitions: pink flag for Reserve; indicate RES as Collection when Item record is created to place order.
- Cataloging: in HOL, RES in Collection (852 subfield c); in Item, 04 in Item Status. Collection in Item record will be drawn from HOL.
- End Processing: per instructions for Reserve as described in End Processing guide. Keep Reserve flag in piece.
- Access Services: check Item Status to be sure correct.
Materials being placed on Course Reserve are not the same as materials in the regular Reserve collection. Course Reserve is a temporary location that is applied to the Item record. These materials will move back to their default location when they are removed from Course Reserve, after consultation with Head of Collection Management.
- Acquisitions: pink flag for Course Reserve followed by name of Faculty member and course number, if available; indicate CRES as Collection when Item record is created to place order.
- Cataloging: process as for default location (where it would go if not on Course Reserve). Then apply CRES as Collection and check the temporary Location box. Apply Item Status of 04 (2 Hr/In-Library).
- End Processing: per instructions for Reserve as described in End Processing guide. Keep Course Reserve flag in piece.
- Access Services: link item to course number in Course Reserve module. Apply yellow tape/dot to spine.
Two (2) copies of only the most recent edition of each title will be shelved in Study Aids collection. The preference is for the titles to have been published within the last three (3) years. Exceptions will be made when nothing more recent exists.
All previous editions will be sent to Cataloging for withdrawal. Collection will be reviewed on an annual basis by Head of Collection Management.
A Series Order record exists in Aleph for each series purchased for Study Aids collection. All titles in each series are not received however. The list of selected titles/topics in each series is available in the Tech Services "Series Orders" folder.
- Acquisitions: pink flag for Study Aids. See Series Order Records [link] for ordering and arriving procedures. At time of arrival, create Item record with Collection STUDY, Item Status 08.
- Cataloging: Catalog as usual. Refer to brief bibliographic record for series for genre headings to be added to each individual title. In HOL, STUDY in Collection (852 subfield c); in Item, 08 in Item Status.
- End Processing: per instructions for Study Aids as described in End Processing Guide. Keep Study Aids flag in piece. Add green flag with instruction to withdraw previous edition, if appropriate. Deliver all items to Access Services.
Access Services: apply stamp detailing circulation policy for items in this collection. (See http://law.lib.buffalo.edu/about/policies/circulation.asp#loans)
Content last updated: em, 10/15