No change is made to the bibliographic record for special locations.
- In the HOL record, add |k Oversize after the collection code |c and before the |h call number.
- Format call number on label as:
- In the HOL record, add appropriate |k after the collection code |c and before the |h call number.
- See list of Subfield K options in Location Codes documentation
See Microfiche Monograph Cataloging for Koren Microform instructions.
See CD-ROM Handling for Koren CD-ROM instructions.
Special Collections: including Archives, Berman, Haas, O'Brian
Use LARCH as collection code |c in HOL record for all Special Collections. The specific collection name (i.e. Archives, Berman, Haas, O'Brian) within Special Collections is indicated in |k of the HOL record.
- In the HOL record, add |k [collection name] after the collection code |c and before the |h call number.
- Use pink flag and format label as:
- After piece is end processed, place on Head of Cataloging's mail shelf.
Materials being placed in the regular/permanent Reserve collection are treated in the same way as any other special location.
- Acquisitions: pink flag for Reserve; indicate RES as Collection when Item record is created to place order.
- Cataloging: in HOL, RES in Collection (852 subfield c); in Item, 05 in Item Status. Collection in Item record will be drawn from HOL.
- End Processing: per instructions for Reserve as described in End Processing guide. Keep Reserve flag in piece.
- Access Services: check Item Status to be sure correct.
Materials being placed on Course Reserve are not the same as materials in the regular Reserve collection. Course Reserve is a temporary location that is applied to the Item record by Access Services staff. These materials will move back to their default location when they are removed from Course Reserve, after consultation with Head of Collection Management.
- Acquisitions: pink flag for Course Reserve followed by name of Faculty member; indicate CRES as Collection when Item record is created to place order.
- Cataloging: process as for default location (where it would go if not on Course Reserve). Be sure that Collection and Item Status in Item record reflects default location (e.g. GEN, NYA, etc.), not CRES and that Temporary Location box is not checked.
- End Processing: per instructions for Reserve as described in End Processing guide. Keep Course Reserve flag in piece.
- Access Services: apply Course Reserve Collection and Item Status as Temporary Location. Link item to course number in Course Reserve module. Apply yellow tape to spine.
Content last updated: nb, 3/13