- Supply appropriate designator and its corresponding value in Item Description field. Give only enough information to distinguish one piece from another. Use Abbreviations List for correct abbreviation of terms. Some examples:
- volume = v.
- year = [yr.]
- title = tit.
- year and volume (1991 v.1, 2, and 3; 1992 v.1, 2, and 3; etc.)
= [yr.], v.
- Base volume and supplement = [Base vol.],suppl.
- more than one volume and supplement = v.,suppl.
- volume and index = v.,index
- volume, index, and supplement = v.,index,suppl.
- replacement volume = v.,[yr.]
- volume and year that run concurrently (v.1 1985, v.2 1986, v.3 1987, v.4 1988, etc.) = v. (only)
- Description Some examples:
- v. = v.1
- [yr.] = 1992
- tit. = tit.7
- base vol. and suppl. = (Base vol.) [and] suppl.1992 no.1 (Two separate Item Records)
- replacement volumes = v.19 1992
Record additional information not needed to distinguish one piece from another.
- Description = v.10
- Enum.Level.1 = 1992
Content last updated: mg,3/10