Microfiche Monograph Cataloging
- Give serial microfiche to Head of Cataloging.
- Records will have an 035 with "MICRO BRIEF" in it when a non-exact title has been used to create the Aleph record.
- Search again on OCLC to find the exact microfiche title; then the MICRO BRIEF record can be overlaid with the full OCLC microfiche record.
- If exact match not found anywhere, create an original microfiche record on OCLC and overlay MICRO BRIEF record (many microfiche records have an equivalent record for a print version that does have a full DLC record with an 050; this information will obviously be very valuable when cataloging/classifying the microfiche, so these should be searched for when it is time to catalog the fiche)
- Be sure MICRO BRIEF is gone after record is overlaid
- Statistics slip:
- Count title only as "1T" (Koren will count microfiche pieces)
- Write "Microfiche" first at top of statistics slip, followed by "Bks [copy, shared, or original]
- Aleph Holdings record:
- Print note from Y: drive for Koren:
- Notes on Y: drive are:
852:0_: |b BUFKO |c NS |k MicFiche |h & |i [Call Number]
If there is more than one piece of fiche, describe pieces in 866 field
example: 866:41:microfiche 1-microfiche 4
- Microfiche to Koren Reclass.doc
- Microfiche to Koren New.doc
Content last updated: 4/10