- Determine if the item is:
- Loose-leaf format (finite, no intent to update)
- Catalog per cataloging rules and MARC21 standards for Monographs or Serials, as appropriate
- Catalog per cataloging rules and MARC21 standards for Continuing Resources (updating loose-leaf)
see: CONSER's Integrating Resources: a Cataloging Manual
Note about circulation status:
Prior to April 2014, multi-volume loose-leaf sets (more than one volume) were designated as non-circulating (DNC) while single volume titles could circulate. As of April 2014, multi-volume loose-leaf sets may also circulate. Circulation status will therefore depend on the collection location and not the format.
- Close out bibliographic record of earlier edition
- Supply value in ending date fixed field [date-ending date]
260 : : |c [date]-[ending date]
300 : : |a [final no.] v. (loose-leaf)
Loose-leaf Titles to be Bound
Print bibliographic record. Highlight call number, author's last name (if main entry), title, and edition. Put printout in binder(s), along with following instructions to bind:
Please bind this title.Give all to Bindery Clerk.
Re-use existing items.
Discard binders (do NOT count).
If loose-leaf title is cancelled:
If loose-leaf title is complete, usually signaled by receipt of a new edition of title:
HOL: Fixed field 008(06) = 5 (not currently received) 852 subfield c = GEN 852 subfield x DNC note should be deleted ITEM: Item Status = 01
HOL: Fixed field 008(06) = 2 (received and complete or ceased) 852 subfield c = GEN 852 subfield x DNC note should be deleted ITEM: Item Status = 01