Local Codes and Charters
- For local codes add the following subject heading:
650: 0: Ordinances, Municipal |z New York (State) |z [place name]
- For local charters add the following subject heading:
651:1 : [place name] |v Charters.
- Local codes and charters are always DNC.
- Put call number and DNC on printout of order record and give to Acquisitions Clerk:
Law KFX1031 .A42 A35 1988 DNC
- Withdraw earlier editions of codes and charters (exception: Buffalo).
- If you have a combination of a charter and a code, the set up will depend on which is named first. See Cataloging Legal Literature for information on charters and codes. For examples of charter/code combinations see:
Chautauqua County charter and Administrative code, and Code of the city of Buffalo in Aleph catalog.
- As of September 1999 the Law Library will only collect local codes from the following counties: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming.
- Use the KFX schedule.
(County codes and charters are classed with a state number, i.e. KFN6199)
- Find either the exact jurisdiction listed or find the place your jurisdiction falls alphabetically in the ranges provided.
- If you have codes for a city, town, and village of the same name, cutter them so that the city is first, followed by the town, followed by the village.
Content last updated: 4/10