End Processing Guide
Property stamps*: Each item gets property stamped, which will be demonstrated during training. Exception for binders: Do not property stamp top of binder. Instead, place a sticker inside front and back covers of binder with property stamp on stickers.
Tattle-tape**: Only Rush Items with pink flags will be tattle-taped, with the exception of binders and Office Copies, which should not be tattle-taped.
DNC = Does Not Circulate
These locations should receive DNC stamps in back of book***:
- Koren Ref.
- Office copies (see below)
- Superseded (see procedure for Superseded Volumes)
- UN Alcove
- Any item with Item Status=02
7 Day Loan stamp:
- Study Aids
- Any item with Item Status=08
All other books (including Reserve) should have a date due slip placed in back of book***.
Some label setups must be edited before printing as follows:
- Office copies: Type professor's name (e.g. Connolly), department (e.g. Acq., Cat., ILL), or clinic name (e.g. Housing Clinic) at bottom of call number on label. There will not be a location above call number, just "Law."
- Archives, Berman, Haas, O'Brian: Call number label will appear with "Law Archives" at top. Delete "Archives" after "Law," so location as listed stands alone. In some cases, "Archives" will appear twice. Delete one, so there is only one line with "Archives" on it after "Law."
- Fed Core and NY Core: keep only the base call number; delete any additional information that appears in Description field.
- Parenthetic descriptors: any call number information that appears within parentheses should be deleted and not printed on label.
- Label overflow: if call numbers are too long to print on a single label, any information beyond the base call number (i.e. information that appears in Description field) may be deleted, as needed.
- Be very careful when handling these books, as they are considered brittle by Preservation Center.
- Label book itself, as well as wrapper.
- Make sure book is standing upright. Add call number label to base of spine on wrapper.
After end-processing is complete, place appropriate neon green flag in each Office Copy item, except for Buffalo Law Review Office Copies, which will have a neon green band slipped over front cover of each item. Completed materials can then be taken to Circulation for shelving or other processing. Delivery+, Office Copies, and other holds should be placed on the appropriate shelf. Carts can be placed in front of the Stack Supervisor’s desk.
** Single-sided tattle-tape may be placed within spine of many hardbound books. Doublesided tattle-tape should be placed tightly and discreetly within pages of paperbound or hardbounds with tight spines. After tattle-taping, mark a small X in pencil at top of page block.